Community & Events Marketing Manager
San Francisco office
We believe that people should focus on what matters.
When we are able to focus on things that maximize our unique human qualities like strategy, creativity, empathy, and kindness, we all achieve more.
We believe that technology should support people, not the other way around.
Too often, technology requires us to change what we do because we can be flexible while technology cannot. This is fundamentally flawed.
We believe in the critical role operations play in designing the future of work.
The future of work is more than just about how we work, it’s about what we do. Operations teams are at the forefront of deciding the role people and technology play in businesses. We enable operations team to design the best future for everyone.
Operations is the new product. It is vital to the continued success of every company from early stage startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. As the operating system for operations teams, we are building a vibrant ecosystem that is driving the growth of operations. We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, and driven community & events marketing manager to help create this new category.
As the Community & Events Marketing Manager, you will…
- Build the Tonkean user and business & functional operations community through online (i.e. forums, knowledge bases, content, etc.) and offline (i.e. events, meetups, etc.) channels.
- Build the Tonkean brand and awareness in the business & functional operations community.
- Strategize, design, plan, and execute on Tonkean’s inaugural operations event.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute events for Tonkean, including trade shows, conferences, and hosted events.
- Manage all event logistics such as working with vendors, pre-event planning, logistics, attendee lists, swag, and more.
- Manage event budget and track ROI.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to drive leads, opportunities, and customers.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Excellent project manager who can drive alignment and execution.
- Able to be resourceful and think on the spot when last-minute issues arise.
- Be a creative and out-of-the-box thinker.
- Confident, but humble, and open to feedback and collaboration.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment while faced with uncertainty and complexity.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You want to help and serve our customers and community: They win, so you win.
- 3+ years in a community, event marketing, or similar role.
- Have proven experience and excellent understanding of B2B marketing and community creation.
- Have a B.A. or similar degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Work well cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, and other teams.
- We’re a young startup working on solving the “Last Mile” problem for business operations.
- We’re a group of entrepreneurs, visionaries, and problem solvers, who always challenge the status quo and settle for nothing less than true innovation.
- Our customers love us, and we’re growing quickly.
- We’re backed by some of the top VC’s and Angels in Silicon Valley and Israel.
- We’re international, and have offices in both San Francisco and Tel Aviv.